A unique and exciting way to get in touch of the true nature of the Mayan Riviera is on the back of a horse combined with a Cenote swim.
Horseback Riding Stables – Proud Recipients of “Trip Advisor´s Certificate of Excellence 2012 & 2013” is happy to announce that its two hour guided tour along jungle trails now will include the experience to encounter one of the marvels of the Yucatan Peninsula : The Mayan Cenotes, commonly known as sinkholes. We have healthy, well trained horses appropriate for all riding levels. Our tours are semi-private consisting of groups up to 12 riders, ensuring that everyone receives personal attention from our friendly, knowledgeable guides. We are located in a very convenient location between Cancun and Playa del Carmen.
During the trail ride be ready to spot various species of birds, iguanas, butterflies and eventually spider monkeys and coatis; our guides will give you an interesting and entertaining commentary along the trails while you pass by a local plantation and follow the path that will lead you to visit a deep natural pit or sinkhole characteristic of Mexico resulting from the collapse of limestone bedrock that exposes groundwater underneath. We will then remount and head back to the ranch, where at the end of the ride you will be given an opportunity to take a refreshing swim in our open air Cenote and enjoy some cool refreshments.
You can’t ride? Don’t worry, our professional and well trained guides will give you a brief lesson on the basics and then introduce you to our very well trained and very good natured horses. If you still don’t feel comfortable then the guides will put a lead rope on your horse. By the end of the ride you’ll feel like a pro!
- Roundtrip transportation.
- 2 hours of excursion including horse riding lesson + horseback riding
- Cenote Swim
- Riding and safety gear
- Water & Soft drinks & light snack
What to bring:
- Sunscreen is very important
- Bug spray
- Long pants and closed toed shoes (like tennis shoes).
- Swimsuit – best to wear it underneath your riding clothes
- Our weight limit is 220 lbs ( 100 kgs)
- We cannot take pregnant woman or children under 7 years old.
- Some riding experience is preferable (especially for those children under 12).
- Most people that ride with us are «vacation» riders with little experience. Our horses have lots of experience and will get you to our destination safely.
- If you are an advanced rider, galloping is permitted in the outdoor ranch arena.
- Perfect half day activity for couples, families, friends, adventurous souls and horse lovers.
About your safety:
- We provide all riders with quality riding gear such as saddles, safety hats and tacks. We have a strict rule that all riders must wear safety hats as riders’ safety is our prime concern. Our team of capable and certified horsemen will accompany riders throughout all rides, with the strictest instructions to ensure riding safety under all circumstances.
- Swimming in the cenote will only be offered for those who are capable of doing so.